One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A strain, gene, or characteristic which prevails among individuals in natural conditions, as distinct from an atypical mutant type.‘this mutant produces about 15 times more enzyme than the wild type’as modifier ‘wild-type alleles’
- ‘The clastogenic response of the three wild-type lines is statistically not significantly different.’
- ‘The mutation also reduced the copy number of the plasmids in otherwise wild-type strains.’
- ‘One young insertion was found to be homozygous in two wild-type strains and absent in six others.’
- ‘If present, however, they do not have the same organization as in wild-type cells.’
- ‘We hypothesized that this was due to wild-type protein inherited by the spores.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.