[mass noun] The practice or activity of swimming for pleasure in natural waters, typically rivers and lakes.
- ‘I love wild swimming, any swimming outdoors actually.’
- ‘Among the readings and writing workshops, it includes wild swimming, moonwatching, tree walks and lots of dancing.’
- ‘Wild swimming is growing in popularity as a free activity in the UK.’
- ‘Despite his initial scepticism, he has found himself seduced by the magic of wild swimming.’
- ‘We're particularly into the thing they call wild swimming.’
- ‘There's something exhilarating about wild swimming that makes the skin tingle, blows away the cobwebs and cleanses right to the very core.’
- ‘Some people love wild swimming so much they do it every day, winter and summer, claiming long lives and healthy immune systems as a result.’