One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A website or database developed collaboratively by a community of users, allowing any user to add and edit content.
- ‘Blogs, wikis and other forms of online discourse are individual interactions, not corporate communications.’
- ‘We can also collaborate via private blogs and wikis.’
- ‘At the heart of this movement are wikis, web sites that allow users to directly edit any web page with one click of the mouse.’
- ‘And I have a sneaky suspicion that the same goes for most other examples of participative media, from blogs to tags to wikis to whatever.’
- ‘There are instructions on the report website on how to request access to the wiki.’
1990s: from WikiWikiWeb the name of the first website of this kind, from Hawaiian wiki wiki ‘very quick’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.