One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condescending way of referring to a man's wife.‘men I had met had always wanted houses and a nice little wifey to cook for them’
- ‘Did you see wifey's face at the press conference?’
- ‘Yesterday was Mother's Day - the boy and I picked some flowers for wifey and made her breakfast in bed (well, the boy watched me make breakfast, anyway).’
- ‘It's no longer all about the little wifey having the hubby's meal on the table at 6pm on the button.’
- ‘But then I looked at him there with the wifey and kiddies, looking all happy and ordinary eating their lunch and I thought how rude it would be for me to take their picture.’
- ‘This wifey from a rough part of town goes along to the family planning clinic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.