Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A wide receiver.
- ‘Look at all of the quality running backs, blockers, and wideouts.’
- ‘In addition, too many wideouts and defensive linemen have not been maximized.’
- ‘In such a strong year for wideouts, why go for a player with so many question marks?’
- ‘But to turn the Ravens into Super Bowl contenders again, he needs wideouts and offensive linemen.’
- ‘You end up with linebackers trying to cover a wideout that's playing tight end.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.