Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An offensive player positioned away from the line, used primarily as a pass receiver.
- ‘Starting quarterbacks, wide receivers and running backs were ineligible for consideration.’
- ‘The biggest upgrades have been made at running back, wide receiver and defensive line.’
- ‘Rogers is only the most dynamic offensive player in the Big Ten and the top wide receiver in the nation.’
- ‘But learning to play with your cornerbacks covering passes to wide receivers will take time.’
- ‘In addition to linebacker, Peterson can play defensive end or cover wide receivers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.