One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A computer network in which the computers connected may be far apart, generally having a radius of more than 1 km.
- ‘The problem is that remote users can't access their files over low bandwidth, high-latency wide area networks (WANs).’
- ‘The database may be accessed, for example, over a network such as a wide area network, to allow database records to be individually updated without affecting other records in the database.’
- ‘The FBI's Trilogy project - a plan to replace their Bureau's existing local and wide area networks - has been slammed by technology experts from the National Research Council.’
- ‘This is focused entirely on the business user in local area networks, wide area networks and multiserver environments.’
- ‘VPNs commonly are used to connect local area networks into wide area networks using the Internet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.