A fielder stationed close behind a batsman's wicket and typically equipped with gloves and pads.
- ‘So teams can pick seven batsmen and five bowlers or, in India's case, seven batsmen and a wicketkeeper.’
- ‘Has there ever been a Test match where both wicketkeepers have stumped each other?’
- ‘The team consists of five all-rounders, six specialist batsmen, two wicketkeepers and five strike bowlers.’
- ‘Has there been an occasion in Test history when all 11 players bowled in the innings, including the wicketkeeper?’
- ‘Is it true that Australia once selected a wicketkeeper for a Test who had never kept wicket before?’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.