One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being evil or morally wrong.‘the wickedness of the regime’
evil-doing, evil, evilness, sin, sinfulness, iniquity, iniquitousness, vileness, foulness, baseness, badness, wrong, wrongdoing, dishonesty, double-dealing, unscrupulousness, roguery, villainy, rascality, delinquency, viciousness, degeneracy, depravity, dissolution, dissipation, immorality, vice, perversion, pervertedness, corruption, corruptness, turpitude, devilry, devilishness, fiendishnessView synonyms
- ‘Indeed, there are few acts of comparable deliberate and indiscriminate wickedness in human history.’
- ‘All sense of right and wrong became blurred and a culture of wickedness replaced the old values and traditions.’
- ‘Was ever such wickedness perpetrated on the many by so few?’
- ‘There is not a word in the English dictionary to really describe this pre-meditated act of evil and wickedness.’
- ‘The message was clear - turn from your greed and your wickedness or the whole of the Trinity will be destroyed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.