One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of modern paganism, especially a tradition founded in England in the mid 20th century and claiming its origins in pre-Christian religions.‘a guild for those interested in paganism, Wicca, and folklore’
- ‘I have tried to impart to them that Wicca is very spiritual and fluid as far as religions go.’
- ‘Keep in mind that Wicca is a religion, not just a magical system.’
- ‘I also think it probable that the question of the origins of Wicca will never be completely resolved.’
- ‘Many people want a religion like Wicca, but don't know where to look for it.’
- ‘I get the impression that Wicca has been a source of empowerment, the idea of a strong goddess is very attractive.’
- ‘Yet Wicca is a religion, you can't invent it as you go along.’
- ‘Pagan followers can go by the title of witches, Druids, heathens or shamans, and some adhere to the tradition of Wicca.’
- ‘Modern Wicca, hybrid Asiatic astrologies, and new geomancy beliefs, are perhaps too new.’
- ‘What often gets overlooked is that Wicca and Witchcraft are not the same thing.’
- ‘I realize that this is very far from Wicca, any elemental magic or chaos magic, Qabbalah or any of the more benign practices.’
- ‘In 1999, the US army chaplaincy recognized the neo-pagan Wicca as a legitimate faith.’
- ‘Adherents of Wicca, a pagan religion, worship nature and focus on positive energy.’
- ‘Unfortunately for many Pagans the teachings of Wicca provide little or no help.’
- ‘There are so many out there, Jewish, Moslem, Russian Orthodox, Wicca - a religion for all seasons.’
- ‘I am currently in my third year and am conducting research in to why people turn to Wicca as a religion in contemporary Britain.’
- ‘But we need to take steps to educate people on the reality that is Paganism and Wicca.’
- ‘We began to talk about our spiritual wants and needs, and she told me about Wicca and Paganism.’
- ‘Late antique Neoplatonism was essentially monotheism; Wicca is essentially duotheism.’
- ‘I really don't think there is a more feared and hated religion than Paganism or Wicca.’
- ‘Though Wicca isn't my thing I don't mind reading a bit about it.’
1950s: representing Old English wicca ‘witch’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.