One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who has dealings with prostitutes, especially a sexually promiscuous man.
- ‘He says now he feels like I am treating him like a diseased whoremonger.’
- ‘But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.’
- ‘For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.’
- ‘For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.’
- ‘Reviewing his early work, he commented: ‘Not a few whose sins were of the most flagrant kind, drunkards, swearers, thieves, whoremongers, adulterers, have been brought from darkness unto light, and from the power of Satan unto God’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.