One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Prostitution or other promiscuous sexual activity.‘he'd accused her of adultery, betrayal, whoredom, and deceit’
- ‘The prominent association of religion and whoredom in the period could have been more rigorously examined in relation to Henrietta Maria.’
- ‘Hendrickje probably approved of his financial prudence, even when she was arraigned for whoredom by the Amsterdam religious police.’
- ‘For the Old Testament prophet as well as the Puritan merchant, the real fear was that God would punish the entire community for spiritual as much as for literal whoredom.’
- ‘She gives up champagne and whoredom, takes a room with a kindly if dotty old woman, and becomes a physical therapist for handicapped children.’
- ‘He accuses his wife of whoredom, discounts her denials, and insultingly gives Emilia money as he leaves.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.