One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Harold promotes the value and wholesomeness of teen chastity under the title ‘Respect Yourself, Protect Yourself.’’
- ‘Italy, in contrast to America, represents a purity and wholesomeness that she desires but can never have because of her identity as an American.’
- ‘For those whose childhood memories stretch back a few decades, the name Walt Disney is likely to bring associations of wholesomeness, innocence and American virtue.’
- ‘Durable life is the amount of time, starting on the day a food is packaged, that the unopened food will retain its normal wholesomeness, palatability and nutritional value, when stored under appropriate conditions.’
- ‘It introduced a GM product into a food viewed by most consumers to be - and marketed for - its purity and wholesomeness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.