One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His paintings for the cover of the Saturday Evening Post were the images of America most of his countrymen wanted to believe in, renderings of wholesomely cohesive family life in the land of plenty.’
- ‘Just a few decades ago, pubescent kids were wearing knee socks, playing lacrosse and picnicking wholesomely in the outside air - now they eat burgers and openly practice the arts of seduction.’
- ‘The sea bream was light and wholesomely tasty, but it was the salmon that proved a real highlight: sharp and fresh, with the chives delivering a punchy, rounded flavour.’
- ‘Gus Lynch took on, most notably, a wholesomely off-kilter scoutmaster about to lead his charges to a presumably terrible summer camp.’
- ‘‘These children were sensibly and wholesomely occupied in cultural pursuits that should be encouraged,’ the TTMA said in a statement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.