One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person or company that sells goods in large quantities at low prices, typically to retailers.‘chicken supplied by wholesalers to restaurants’‘the largest pharmaceuticals wholesaler in the country’
- ‘The grocery multiples normally buy their CDs through a wholesaler.’
- ‘The source of the robust flavor was found via spray-dried coffee from a foodservice wholesaler.’
- ‘It now sells its products on both coasts and has a joint venture with a New York lamb wholesaler.’
- ‘The Resale Prices Act prevents a manufacturer insisting on a price at which a retailer or wholesaler must sell its products to their customers.’
- ‘Wholesalers use a two-tier system to separate titles with broad demographics from specialty titles, whose distribution will be limited to outlets with available space.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.