One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Over 400 designers, weavers, whittlers, cooks, carpenters, candle-makers, glass-blowers and viz-artists are packing 'em in at Montreal's biggest, best known and probably priciest craft fair.’
- ‘Without much delay, Rahaena's army of monster hunters and mercenaries charged forward, chipping away at the retreating legion like a whittler at wood.’
- ‘Not about that fact that whittling was involved, nor perhaps on the skill and artistry of my fellow whittlers, but the fact that I could ever hope to produce anything.’
- ‘I happen to be a whittler because I needed a device.’
- ‘Less exalted were the humble whittlers, and in between were joiners and cabinetmakers, who were the only woodworkers paid for their efforts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.