One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A new hedge of native species such as blackthorn and whitethorn has been planted to screen the walk from the St George's Field car park.’
- ‘However, there appear to be lots of hips on the dog-rose, haws on the whitethorn and sloes on the blackthorn.’
- ‘Patients with heart disease are taking great interest in a small tree that may be more commonly called maybush, mayblossom, or whitethorn.’
- ‘The predominant species should be whitethorn but a small percentage of hazel, hornbeam or field maple may be added.’
- ‘The current owner, Martina Finnegan, is a mirror designer who creates wooden frames from driftwood and locally sourced whitethorn and hazel.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.