One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The predominant species should be whitethorn but a small percentage of hazel, hornbeam or field maple may be added.’
- ‘The current owner, Martina Finnegan, is a mirror designer who creates wooden frames from driftwood and locally sourced whitethorn and hazel.’
- ‘Patients with heart disease are taking great interest in a small tree that may be more commonly called maybush, mayblossom, or whitethorn.’
- ‘However, there appear to be lots of hips on the dog-rose, haws on the whitethorn and sloes on the blackthorn.’
- ‘A new hedge of native species such as blackthorn and whitethorn has been planted to screen the walk from the St George's Field car park.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.