A minute winged bug covered with powdery white wax, which damages plants by feeding on the sap and coating them with honeydew.
- ‘The adults of most species feed on nectar and honeydew produced by aphids and other sucking insects like leafhoppers, whiteflies and mealybugs.’
- ‘Yet those little bumps are indeed insects, related to aphids, whiteflies, and jumping plant lice.’
- ‘In addition, oils disrupt feeding by insects such as flea beetles, whiteflies, and aphids without necessarily killing them.’
- ‘Mealybugs, aphids and whiteflies also eliminate honeydew, creating ideal conditions for sooty mold.’
- ‘Inspect your plants regularly for insects such as aphids, thrips, whiteflies, and other noxious pests, whether indoors or outdoors.’