One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A minute winged bug covered with powdery white wax, which damages plants by feeding on the sap and coating them with honeydew.
- ‘Mealybugs, aphids and whiteflies also eliminate honeydew, creating ideal conditions for sooty mold.’
- ‘Yet those little bumps are indeed insects, related to aphids, whiteflies, and jumping plant lice.’
- ‘Inspect your plants regularly for insects such as aphids, thrips, whiteflies, and other noxious pests, whether indoors or outdoors.’
- ‘The adults of most species feed on nectar and honeydew produced by aphids and other sucking insects like leafhoppers, whiteflies and mealybugs.’
- ‘In addition, oils disrupt feeding by insects such as flea beetles, whiteflies, and aphids without necessarily killing them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.