One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An aggressive male driver of a delivery or workman's van (typically white in colour).
- ‘Police and tax officials watched stunned as a white van man smashed up his vehicle on a York street rather than hand it over to road tax enforcers.’
- ‘Is white van man the king of the road, or the scourge of our streets?’
- ‘All it takes is a typical white-van man to go around collecting waste for about £50 a time.’
- ‘E-commerce is proving to be a boon to the so-called ‘white van man’.’
- ‘Me and my Lycra buddies will continue to battle for our place to pedal - the narrow gap between the pavement and the white-van men!’
- ‘Jason Read, 34, has been a white van man for fifteen years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.