One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very large two-horned African rhinoceros with broad lips.
- ‘Swaziland wants a permit to export both live and trophy white rhinoceroses, a species which was re-established in the southern African kingdom in 1965 after having become extinct.’
- ‘Not so here in Natal, where the Parks are full of both black and white rhinoceros in their prime.’
- ‘The white rhinoceros is divided into two sub-species, the northern white rhinoceros and the southern white rhinoceros.’
- ‘Thousands of animals including white rhinoceroses and kangaroos have come from 14 countries, such as Tanzania, South Africa and Argentina.’
- ‘The recovery of Africa's southern white rhinoceros population from no more than 50 animals a century ago to over 11,000 today is a conservation success story.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.