One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of coniferous trees with whitish timber.
a North American tree which yields high-quality timber that is valued for intricate work (Pinus strobus, family Pinaceae).
(NZ) the kahikatea.
- ‘Select light and airy woods like white cedar, white pine, cottonwood, poplar, spruce or larch (tamarack).’
- ‘The Tree of Peace, a great white pine, is believed by the Iroquois to have been planted by the Peacemaker, who originally inspired the formation of the Iroquois Confederacy centuries before.’
- ‘Because white pine is very sensitive to time of shearing, small white pine should be given top priority in the shearing schedule.’
- ‘They name all of the different medicine trees, and they say the great white pine is a symbol of the Great Law of the Great Peace.’
- ‘McCubbin concluded smelter fumes had damaged white pines, larch, poplar, jack pine and spruce.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.