The husked ripe or unripe berries of the pepper (see pepper (sense 1 of the noun)), typically ground and used as a condiment.Related pepper
- ‘For the sardines, in a large bowl, whisk together the cumin, paprika, white pepper, garlic, oregano, and vinegar.’
- ‘Add the ground fennel and white pepper and stir to combine.’
- ‘Season with lemon juice, nutmeg, salt and white pepper.’
- ‘Four spice is a ground spice mixture usually containing white pepper, nutmeg, ginger, and cinnamon or cloves.’
- ‘The chicken is seasoned with a blend of jalapeno, cayenne, chili, and black and white pepper.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.