One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A white or silvery alloy, especially a tin-based alloy used for the surfaces of bearings.
- ‘Zirconium usually occurs as a hard, grayish white metal, whose surface has a flaky appearance.’
- ‘The elegant sculptures in bronze, white metal and ceramics by Raj Kumar Panwar and his wife Pushpa Devi of Delhi were the cynosure of connoisseurs.’
- ‘Nearly all were made of electroplated brass, copper, or nickel silver (a white metal alloy).’
- ‘The other handicraft items are rudraksha puja malas, leather goods, bronze icons, white metal, wire dolls and Hyderabad pearls.’
- ‘Among the other gift articles on display are carved images in sandalwood and ‘nookam’ wood, besides religious objects made of stone powder, white metal, black metal and brass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.