A white or silvery alloy, especially a tin-based alloy used for the surfaces of bearings.
- ‘Zirconium usually occurs as a hard, grayish white metal, whose surface has a flaky appearance.’
- ‘Among the other gift articles on display are carved images in sandalwood and ‘nookam’ wood, besides religious objects made of stone powder, white metal, black metal and brass.’
- ‘Nearly all were made of electroplated brass, copper, or nickel silver (a white metal alloy).’
- ‘The elegant sculptures in bronze, white metal and ceramics by Raj Kumar Panwar and his wife Pushpa Devi of Delhi were the cynosure of connoisseurs.’
- ‘The other handicraft items are rudraksha puja malas, leather goods, bronze icons, white metal, wire dolls and Hyderabad pearls.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.