One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Apparently colourless light, for example ordinary daylight. It contains all the wavelengths of the visible spectrum at equal intensity.
- ‘The GSA of node 3 of Tradescantia cuttings is dependent on the fluence rate of white light.’
- ‘The coloured rays of light entered this second prism and a single ray of white light emerged.’
- ‘With a prism ordinary white light can be split into a spectrum that resembles a rainbow.’
- ‘His father begins to explain that all the colours of the rainbow are contained within white light.’
- ‘Black deposits of mercuric sulphide were evident upon microscopic examination with white light.’
- ‘The white light split into different colours and each colour had been bent a different amount by the prism.’
- ‘UV-B irradiation was performed either in the absence of other light sources or in the presence of white light.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.