One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fish with pale flesh, such as plaice, halibut, cod, and haddock.Compare with red fish
- ‘If grouper isn't available, trigger, snapper, cod - any firm white fish - will do.’
- ‘Hangana Seafood is a producer of fish products, mainly white fish.’
- ‘My huge bowl contained large, moist chunks of tangy smoked haddock and other white fish in a delicious creamy sauce.’
- ‘In the meantime, very gently cook a good quantity of white fish (I used haddock) in half a pint of milk with a bay leaf and a stock cube in it.’
- ‘The new report looks at the likely earnings and profits for vessels primarily fishing for white fish, such as cod and haddock, in the two areas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.