One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cultivated variety of redcurrant with pale edible berries. The berries are insipid and generally used for jams and jellies, in combination with other fruits.
- ‘The white currant has translucent berries with a delicate flavour.’
- ‘Red and white currants ripen in mid to late summer.’
- ‘Follow a similar spraying program as with the red or white currant.’
- ‘The currant worm is not as troublesome for the black currant as it is for the red or white currant.’
- ‘They had gooseberries, blackcurrants, white currants and blackberries together with a really good stand of raspberry canes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.