One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A creeping white-flowered European clover which is an important fodder plant.
Trifolium repens, family LeguminosaeAlso called Dutch clover
- ‘Bluegrass and white clover make a good combination for spring and fall, but an improved rye grass and Alice big leaf clover combination is better.’
- ‘He's also seeded pastures with legumes like alfalfa and red and white clovers.’
- ‘Wild white clovers persist better under heavy, continuous grazing because they are prolific reseeders.’
- ‘The wild raspberries, the white clover, and the sea air would suit you to a tee.’
- ‘The white clover takes nitrogen from the air and puts it into the soil for the grass to feed on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.