One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American freshwater bass with dark horizontal stripes.
Morone chrysops, family Moronidae
- ‘I remember tales of two or three men catching hundreds of white bass from Lake Livingston or its tributaries, depending on the time of year, in a morning or afternoon.’
- ‘Most hybrid striped bass that consumers purchase are a cross between female white bass and male striped bass.’
- ‘For most freshwater work - black bass, crappie, white bass, sunfish - a 6-inch blade works fine.’
- ‘Other options such as white bass, crappie and channel catfish are available, but the ubiquitous sunfish is the most widespread and plentiful.’
- ‘The white bass are on their annual spawning migration out of torpid Toledo Bend and into the living, breathing Sabine River.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.