One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for termite
- ‘The skeletons of outsized Victorian sofas and armchairs lies dotted around the parquet floors, their chintz entirely eaten away by white ants.’
- ‘Experts also found a tree 10 metres away had been badly damaged by white ants.’
- ‘Valley Kit Homes can also supply treated pine or steel frames to some rural areas, to ensure against white ants.’
- ‘Apart from the problems with the Tiwi Aborigines there were the white ants and the occasional cyclone which made life rather difficult.’
- ‘The lodge is built from cypress pine, a standard building material in the mallee country, due largely to its resistance to white ants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.