A long-legged duck with an upright stance and a whistling call, often perching on branches.Also called tree duck
- ‘There are nature sites with viewing platforms overlooking wild iguanas, egrets, West Indian whistling ducks, and many other birds.’
- ‘Flocks of magpie geese and whistling ducks, startled by the outboard, take to the air shattering the early morning silence with their calls.’
- ‘You're likely to see waders as well as a variety of herons, stilts, and even the endangered West Indian whistling duck.’
- ‘Apart from the ducks already mentioned there were some Bronzewinged Jacanas, Little grebes, Coots, Spotbilled and Lesser whistling ducks.’
- ‘Rendezvous Bay stretches for 2 miles, and the nearby salt ponds attract whistling ducks, laughing gulls and other birds.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.