One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At Bangalore, there are moments when Knopfler's guttural whispery vocals, particularly when the score demands a softer tone, seem to be drowned out by the percussion and strings.’
- ‘Lead guitar and vocalist Andrew Kenny, has a relaxed and often whispery quality on the mic that is a perfect compliment to AMS's sound.’
- ‘Live Earlimart had layers of swirly, feedbacky sound along with their trademark whispery vocals-made for a really intense, compelling performance.’
- ‘Stina Nordenstam doesn't play live, barely does interviews, generally resists being photographed and sings in a small, whispery voice that sounds as if it's escaping between bouts of sobbing.’
- ‘The title track is a rhythmic ballad suitable for singing along to, and the rest of the album is an invitation to explore his whispery lyrics and classic instruments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.