One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drink consisting of whisky mixed with lemon or lime juice.
- ‘Cesar da Silva, the bar manager, mixes the best whisky sours in the world.’
- ‘This is a simple but effective variation of the whisky sour cocktail that has a lovely warm liquorice finish.’
- ‘If you are curious to learn how to make a whisky sour, here goes the recipe to make your very own.’
- ‘Bryan Ferry was a role-model in my pursuit of lounge suits and whisky sours.’
- ‘Nearby, men in suits will be hoping that one more whisky sour will inspire them to do just that.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.