One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drink consisting of whisky and ginger wine mixed in equal amounts.
- ‘Ginger wine is something I usually reserve for a winter whisky mac, but I can tell you, it goes well in a rhubarb trifle!’
- ‘The four of us soon got into the swing of the place, ordering $6 whisky macs and tipping heavily.’
- ‘Comfort is the key and there are some nice touches, such as fluffy bathrobes and decanters of whisky mac in the rooms.’
- ‘At the top whisky macs warmed the walkers while Scocha entertained in their inimitable lively style.’
- ‘None of us, including Alf, knew what to expect apart from Alf's hand-made venison sausages, whisky macs and port at elevenses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.