One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A drink consisting of whisky and ginger wine mixed in equal amounts.
- ‘None of us, including Alf, knew what to expect apart from Alf's hand-made venison sausages, whisky macs and port at elevenses.’
- ‘Comfort is the key and there are some nice touches, such as fluffy bathrobes and decanters of whisky mac in the rooms.’
- ‘The four of us soon got into the swing of the place, ordering $6 whisky macs and tipping heavily.’
- ‘Ginger wine is something I usually reserve for a winter whisky mac, but I can tell you, it goes well in a rhubarb trifle!’
- ‘At the top whisky macs warmed the walkers while Scocha entertained in their inimitable lively style.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.