Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small brown myotis bat native to Eurasia.
- ‘The whiskered bat is a small species and is easily confused with the pipistrelles when seen in the night sky.’
- ‘Like all other bat species, whiskered bats are threatened by the loss or disturbance of roost sites.’
- ‘The examination of the Threave Estate has found five types of bat, including evidence of the whiskered bats never previously found on NTS property.’
- ‘Brandt's bats are very similar in appearance to whiskered bats.’
- ‘Since in hibernation sites, netting and findings whiskered bats are almost never found in Lithuania, we could assume they where Brandt's bats.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.