One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small brown myotis bat native to Eurasia.
Genus Myotis, family Vespertilionidae: several species, in particular the common and widespread M. mystacinus
- ‘The whiskered bat is a small species and is easily confused with the pipistrelles when seen in the night sky.’
- ‘The examination of the Threave Estate has found five types of bat, including evidence of the whiskered bats never previously found on NTS property.’
- ‘Brandt's bats are very similar in appearance to whiskered bats.’
- ‘Since in hibernation sites, netting and findings whiskered bats are almost never found in Lithuania, we could assume they where Brandt's bats.’
- ‘Like all other bat species, whiskered bats are threatened by the loss or disturbance of roost sites.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.