One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fairly thick cream containing enough butterfat to make it suitable for whipping.
- ‘I have just had a look in our cupboard, and if someone can sell me some whipping cream and a tin of mandarin oranges I could knock up a reasonably good trifle.’
- ‘This extra-strong dark lager (7.5 per cent alcohol) has a dense head that is similar to whipping cream.’
- ‘Other ingredients include sweet, creamy, fresh butter, delicious whipping cream, pure cane sugar, fresh roasted nuts, pure flavourings and the freshest fruit purées.’
- ‘Based in Phoenix, Shamrock Farms produces and distributes high-quality farm-fresh milk, as well as whipping cream, sour cream, cottage cheese, ice cream and frozen novelties.’
- ‘Combine whipping cream, vanilla and 1 tbsp. sugar in bowl.’
- ‘When completely melted, remove from heat and add in the whipping cream, stirring as you pour, and until completely incorporated.’
- ‘We traipsed down to the Whole for a bottle of wine, a half pint of whipping cream, and some Niçoise olives - a very promising trio.’
- ‘In a small saucepan, heat up the whipping cream until small bubbles start to form.’
- ‘You pour in 3/4 cup of buttermilk and 3/4 cup of whipping cream.’
- ‘In a mixer bowl combine 1 cup whipping cream, one tablespoon powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla, beat till soft peaks form.’
- ‘Products run on sanitary plate heat exchangers include fluid milk as well as cheese milk, whipping cream, whey, sour cream and yogurt smoothies that do not have a high level of particulates.’
- ‘I will also try using 30 cl of whipping cream and 20 cl of milk, this should work too and result in a lighter cream.’
- ‘Bring the whipping cream to a boil in a small saucepan.’
- ‘The first certified-organic dairy west of the Mississippi, Straus produces everything from cream-top whole milk and Monterey Jack cheese to 35 percent butterfat whipping cream.’
- ‘In addition to fluid milk, it markets a wide range of organic dairy products including buttermilk, whipping cream and a dozen kinds of cheese.’
- ‘Remove pan from heat and whisk in 2 1/3 cups fat-skimmed chicken broth, 1 cup evaporated milk or whipping cream, and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil.’
- ‘Finally I hung up half an hour later, promising to bring chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, cookie dough, chocolate, sour-cream and onion chips and whipping cream.’
- ‘When it had about the right texture, having no heavy cream, I added what whipping cream I had left, about 1/4 cup.’
- ‘Serve plain or with ice cream or whipping cream.’
- ‘For a slightly less rich soup, replace 3/4 cup of the whipping cream with chicken broth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.