One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The notion that all of that can be just whimsically tossed aside whenever the nation experiences external threats is as contrary to the country's founding principles as it is dangerous.’
- ‘But can an Assembly be dissolved arbitrarily, capriciously, whimsically, at the absolute discretion of a Chief Minister?’
- ‘A childhood toy the loved one whimsically lent to you, to evoke innocent days before they grew up, met you, and ruined your life.’
- ‘The name was chosen somewhat whimsically by a Florida law enforcement officer, an agency official said.’
- ‘We parked the car and ate an extravagant lunch in a building whimsically reminiscent of an old Spanish church.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.