One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
From which or from where.‘one day you may lose this pride of place wherefrom you now dominate’
- ‘But, the question is, wherefrom will the required funds come?’
- ‘Robert Smithson and John Lloyd Stephens were both New Jersey-born residents of Manhattan, wherefrom each embarked on a well-publicized excursion to the Yucatan Peninsula.’
- ‘Indeed, Latin America, particularly Brazil, has become in a very short time a world center of Pentecostal Christianity, wherefrom it has now begun to radiate in all directions.’
- ‘There is not much here for scholar specialists except citation of sources, ancient and modern, wherefrom the material is taken and whose inferences are borrowed, respectively.’
- ‘Therefore, none of them could answer the basic human questions of wherefrom? why? and whereto?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.