One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I kept asking people coming down wheezingly how much more I would have to go and the replies weren't very encouraging as it was quite a way up.’
- ‘And then there's the man's voice: It's a great wheezingly melodic rumble of a thing, like the hold music on hell's hotline.’
- ‘They're amusing in English, but the Spanish dub again, inexplicably, renders them wheezingly hilarious.’
- ‘He kept his eyes on me while he wheezingly announced the generous purpose of his visit.’
- ‘His breathed wheezingly and his chest rattled like a pebble in a tin can.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.