One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And as you described it, the wheels off on this administration, and quickly finding itself wheelless.’
- ‘Colin's sled was one of those fancy steerable ‘ski’ style sleds, with two skis supporting a raised seat and a third movable ski affixed to a steering wheel in front, not unlike a wheelless motorcycle.’
- ‘He pointed out the window at Leon's wheelless car, which was still supported on Bill's concrete blocks.’
- ‘A ‘litter’ was a wheelless carriage supported between horses in tandem.’
- ‘When I hung up, there on the sidewalk by a trash can was a bike frame, wheelless, rusty, but with a leather seat on it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.