One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to make a suggestion.‘what say we call a tea break?’
- ‘Formalities aside, what say we show you and your men to the palace?’
- ‘It's not like we have any other options, so what say we go inside?’
- ‘But what say people finally feel enough's enough and curse both houses by putting in community independents or Greens?’
- ‘Actually, Ed, what say we try and do the job properly - what with slavery still being a nasty blight on the face of the earth, and all?’
- ‘But what say that as a group, a particular race has a particular disposition to a disease.’
- ‘Look… I don't really need this right now, so what say we call it truce.’
- ‘Ok, what say we go get our stuff on, and go out to the pool?’
- ‘So, what say me and you go to your place for dinner?’
- ‘Well, it's been a long time coming and a long time promised but what say we splash a bit of spring water in the two combatants, release the aromas and let the taste off begin?’
- ‘Instead of expensive training programs, what say we just send these buyers down to a local ‘Harry's Hardware’ for a couple of hours?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.