One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
What is the news concerning —?
- ‘And then what of the London electronic philosopher and Sunday footballer?’
- ‘And what of the heaths themselves, surely the main pull for both areas?’
- ‘Even talkback callers to this station have expressed their opinion but what of the teenagers themselves?’
- ‘Prospects for 2006 for Scotland are reasonably bright, but what of the longer-term picture?’
- ‘And what of the addiction to the massive cash injection into our local economy that our club culture has engendered?’
- ‘But what of the worst bits, the bits that make you cringe when you hear them?’
- ‘But what of the young who are part of the cricket crowds, some of whom are presumably born in England?’
- ‘But what of the strains of working as both a doctor and a poet in West Kerry?’
- ‘If Orwell saw the contemporary killings of his age as lacking in drama and ‘story’, then what of ours?’
- ‘So, what of the other newsreaders that earn much more than you?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.