One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A regular period of prolonged rainfall.‘during the wet season a network of creeks, water channels, and muddy tracks connect villages’
- ‘Despite nearly a quarter century of operations, most wet seasons overwhelm the miner's capacity to manage water on site.’
- ‘He has a project in the Top End about the influence of the wet season on family life.’
- ‘During the wet season, a network of creeks, water channels and muddy tracks connect villages.’
- ‘Birds are most plentiful in the wet season when up to 300 species gathers here.’
- ‘The extensive network of large irrigation channels depends entirely upon the wet season rainwater collected in the dam.’
- ‘I would love to see Darwin's wet season diverted to the drought-stricken farmers.’
- ‘In three months, this country will again be vivid green and brimming with wet season run-off.’
- ‘Part of the reserve is closed in the wet season between March and May.’
- ‘Milked three times a day, camels produce nine liters of milk per day during the wet season.’
- ‘On the better Kimberley cattle runs there was plenty of time off, particularly in the wet season.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.