One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the US state of West Virginia or its inhabitants.‘the West Virginian wilderness’
- ‘A large number of West Virginian natives have moved out to places like the Washington DC area or Atlanta.’
- ‘The working conditions for West Virginian coal miners in the 1920s were atrocious.’
- ‘It was once true that nearly every commercial pilot spoke in a drawl, imitating the West Virginian accent of the most glamorous airman of all time.’
A native or inhabitant of the US state of West Virginia.‘a West Virginian holding a doctorate degree’
- ‘A native West Virginian, Robert has a strong independent streak-and his first instinct was to act.’
- ‘I spoke about how proud I was to be a West Virginian.’
- ‘He evinces a genuine affection for his fellow West Virginians.’
- ‘A proud West Virginian, Campbell was a master storyteller.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.