One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of wooden furniture with cupboards and drawers in the lower part and open shelves in the upper part.
- ‘I thought we could put the Welsh dresser over here.’
- ‘She then went to check her Welsh dresser and found three purses had been taken.’
- ‘His eye traveled into the room, furnishing it - two marble cigarette tables on either side of the chair, and a Welsh dresser off to the left.’
- ‘With the convenience and power of a multi-use power tool even the worst of carpenters can knock up a pretty decent Welsh dresser.’
- ‘To the right was a top of the range Aga, and on the far wall was a Welsh dresser piled with expensive plates and jugs, and Beatrix Potter figurines - the complete set by the looks of it.’
- ‘As soon as he came home he went straight to his usual perch on the Welsh dresser and said ‘feed me’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.