One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of wooden furniture with cupboards and drawers in the lower part and open shelves in the upper part.
- ‘With the convenience and power of a multi-use power tool even the worst of carpenters can knock up a pretty decent Welsh dresser.’
- ‘She then went to check her Welsh dresser and found three purses had been taken.’
- ‘I thought we could put the Welsh dresser over here.’
- ‘His eye traveled into the room, furnishing it - two marble cigarette tables on either side of the chair, and a Welsh dresser off to the left.’
- ‘As soon as he came home he went straight to his usual perch on the Welsh dresser and said ‘feed me’.’
- ‘To the right was a top of the range Aga, and on the far wall was a Welsh dresser piled with expensive plates and jugs, and Beatrix Potter figurines - the complete set by the looks of it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.