One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A red heraldic dragon as the emblem of Wales.
- ‘But this Welsh dragon soon ran out of steam in a big way.’
- ‘All of these beasts have historical significance, even mythical ones such as the Welsh dragon and the Scottish Unicorn.’
- ‘They would certainly appear to outnumber the Welsh dragons and the Scottish Saltires.’
- ‘Henry VII had a Welsh dragon and a wolfhound on his heraldic insignia.’
- ‘The Welsh students won the rugby and netball - egged on by their colourful Welsh dragon mascot - while Oxford won the hockey and Glasgow the shooting.’
- ‘The badge shows the Welsh dragon sitting above the Manchester 2002 logo with the phrase ‘Eachyd Da’ along the flagpole, but the spelling should be ‘Iechyd Da’.’
- ‘After fierce battles in Scotland and Wales, approval was given eight months ago for motorists to display the Saltire, Cross of St George, Welsh dragon or Union Flag on number plates.’
- ‘There's still some fire left in this Welsh dragon yet!’
- ‘And he's quite confident that when City travel to Cardiff tomorrow chasing more points to take them further away from the league basement, there will be a few flags of St George waving in the stands to counter the legions of Welsh dragons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.