One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of being in good health, especially as an actively pursued goal.‘measures of a patient's progress toward wellness’‘a healthcare system focused on wellness, not sickness’as modifier ‘company health and wellness programmes’
- ‘Tied into wellness, of course, is weight management, and the yogurt case reflects American's ongoing clamor for lighter fare.’
- ‘The site generally provides advice on health, wellness and little tips for life.’
- ‘Dance schools, too, have widened their focus to include wellness seminars in their curricula.’
- ‘Knowing that wellness is a primary concern among the well-heeled and well-educated, cruise lines have created onboard programmes for health-conscious travellers, from those continuing a rigorous training programme to people taking their first steps toward a healthier lifestyle.’
- ‘In Ireland, we are beginning to embrace the wellness concept through our health and safety legislation, the national health promotion strategy, workplace wellbeing programmes and the requirements of individual companies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.