One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Certainly worth.‘Salzburg is well worth a visit’
- ‘Still on a nautical theme, the Tall Ship at Glasgow Harbour is well worth a look.’
- ‘The book is well worth reading and you can make up your own minds.’
- ‘The hotel has a number of special offers at various times of the year that are well worth investigating.’
- ‘The firewall requires a bit of study and time to configure but I think it's well worth the effort.’
- ‘Club meetings are held on the second Monday of every month and are well worth going to.’
- ‘So when they do speak out, it is worth noting that they have a serious concern well worth listening to.’
- ‘The climb is well worth the view as the Pike looks west to Manchester city centre and east to the Pennines.’
- ‘The nachos were a big hit at the table and for the price that we paid, the portion was well worth it.’
- ‘A short train journey to the north, Blair Atholl and Atholl Castle are well worth a visit.’
- ‘But if you can handle the pace, the rewards are well worth it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.