One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Certainly worth.‘Salzburg is well worth a visit’
- ‘The firewall requires a bit of study and time to configure but I think it's well worth the effort.’
- ‘Still on a nautical theme, the Tall Ship at Glasgow Harbour is well worth a look.’
- ‘Club meetings are held on the second Monday of every month and are well worth going to.’
- ‘So when they do speak out, it is worth noting that they have a serious concern well worth listening to.’
- ‘The climb is well worth the view as the Pike looks west to Manchester city centre and east to the Pennines.’
- ‘But if you can handle the pace, the rewards are well worth it.’
- ‘The book is well worth reading and you can make up your own minds.’
- ‘A short train journey to the north, Blair Atholl and Atholl Castle are well worth a visit.’
- ‘The nachos were a big hit at the table and for the price that we paid, the portion was well worth it.’
- ‘The hotel has a number of special offers at various times of the year that are well worth investigating.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.