One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Occurring at an appropriate time; timely.‘a well-timed exit’
- ‘Big numbers of new people earning decent salaries will also be a well-timed boost to the Manchester city centre property market.’
- ‘On a day of many fine displays, Ginner caught the eye with a series of well-timed tackles and interceptions.’
- ‘The trade looks well-timed, because the shares have already climbed to 439p.’
- ‘The sale was well-timed, the shares then trading at 33p compared to 15.5p today.’
- ‘In the week it was confirmed that these guys are to go national with their Friday night show, they made a well-timed appearance away from the cameras.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.