One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a good reputation; admired or respected by others.‘he was very well thought of within the club’
esteemed, highly thought of, highly regarded, respected, well respected, looked up to, acclaimed, admired, honoured, revered, venerated, with a good reputation, reputable, of good repute, of high standingView synonyms
- ‘If you go on a college campus today and try to recruit the best students out there, they are clearly not going to work for a company that is not well thought of and respected.’
- ‘It may be not well thought of but it's one of the best jobs I have had for feeling I have made a difference.’
- ‘It should be a great occasion for a man who's so well thought of in the game.’
- ‘He has a great attitude and he's very well thought of at Preston.’
- ‘He was well thought of by his colleagues and everyone is dumbstruck.’
- ‘It is very comforting to know that our service is so well thought of and that future generations are being spared the real problems our refuse would generate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.