One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Filled with a plentiful supply of something.‘a well-stocked bar’
- ‘This time, though, I needed a good, well-stocked art supplies shop, I knew there was one, but I simply couldn't find it.’
- ‘The newsagent was well-stocked and definitely held a wider range of newspapers and magazines than anywhere in the vicinity of the town where I now work.’
- ‘My eyes lit up when I saw the well stocked bar in the corner.’
- ‘The tearoom is attached to a well-stocked village store.’
- ‘The cottage stands in an attractive walled garden with shaped lawns, well-stocked borders, a water feature and a small patio.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.